Junior Science at Gort Community School
- Every pupil coming to Gort Community School gets the opportunity to study science to Junior Cert Level.
- Science is taught in mixed ability groups of not more than 24 pupils.
- The junior science course is delivered using a variety of methodologies designed to deliver the curriculum as fully as possible.
- Science is taught in our four well appointed and equipped laboratories and a demonstration room, each of which is provided with a data projector and a modern computer with internet access.
- The course is a mixture theory and practical work designed to give the pupil a sound grounding in the three branches of science; Biology, Chemistry and Physics.
- Junior Science is followed up in the senior cycle where Biology, Chemistry, Physics and Agricultural Science are offered as separate subjects for the Leaving Cert.