What does Economics involve?
Economics studies how scarce resources are best distributed to satisfy our infinite needs & wants
You will study economic issues ranging from unemployment & job creation, the Euro, the EU, the EMU, Third World Issues, Taxation, Interest Rates, Government Economic Policies & the performance of the economy.
What will you learn about in Economics?
- Demand & Supply which influence price.
- The study of individual markets ie: buyers & sellers agree on a price. Eg: Monopoly, Perfect Competition etc.
- Factors of Production – Land, Labour, Capital & Enterprise.
- Economic Variables: Unemployment, Inflation, Exchange Rates, Level of Economic Activity, Taxation & Interest Rates.
- Banking – how the banks create money etc
- International Trade & the European Union.
- Role of the Government in the Economy.