Transition Year Curriculum
Aims of the Course:
- To improve all four skills (reading, writing, listening, speaking)
- To enhance students knowledge of Spanish speaking countries.
- To allow students to take responsibility for their learning. (giving them the autonomy to decide on projects, organise research, delegate tasks within groups, meet deadlines).
- To promote a positive learning environment in which students participate in a variety of activities.
- Revision of materials from Junior Cycle.
- Communicative activities: ordering food in a restaurant, booking a room in a hotel, organising an excursion, speaking about your hobbies/interests, replying to an email.
- Develop student’s knowledge of Spanish speaking countries (culture, history, current affairs, life style, food) researching and completing projects, cooking authentic Spanish dishes, Spanish television.
- Use of authentic materials: menu’s, brochures, magazines, papers.
- Emphasis on oral work.
- Learning Spanish through IT. Power point presentations, project research on the internet, television programmes, news reports.
- Research/project work
- Revision and improvement of Junior Cycle material
- Written exercises relating to class work
- Information selection, comprehensions, letters, dialogues.